Causeway House Bed and Breakfast is a charming 14th century Cottage in the heart of Castleton. Our cottage is one of the oldest cottages in the village. We want guests to enjoy a relaxing and comfortable stay, including those with particular needs. It is our wish and policy to take all reasonable steps to ensure that this is the case. Please read our Accessibility Statement careful if you think you may have any access issues.
We are in a National Park and we are governed by their rules, we cannot change the structure of the cottage.
Access to our guest bedrooms is by a wooden staircase with a handrail. The landings and guest bedrooms are fully carpeted.
- The Double en-suite room, which is carpeted,
- There is a small step into the walk in shower/ toilet room
- The 4 Poster room has a small step into a spacious room
- There are 2 steps into the Shower/Toilet
- The Patio Garden Room is carpeted with a step into the shower and toilet
- Single Rooms have shared facilities. The bathroom has a shower over the bath
- All the bathrooms upstairs have non-slip Marley flooring
- Please ask when booking if you need a room with a walk-in shower.
- The driveway approach to the house is well lit and tarred. To enter the Reception and Dinning which is carpeted. We have 3 large steps on one side and 2 small steps on the other and a
- Guest information is available, on request, in large format print.
- Should you require assistance setting equipment controls (clock, tv etc) or preparing a hot drink please ask and we will be only too happy to help.
- Any medicines requiring cool storage may be kept in the fridge.
Should you wish to stay with us, but are concerned that a disability may make this difficult, do please contact us so that we can discuss your concerns, and take all reasonable steps to make your visit as comfortable as possible.